Monday, February 23, 2009

Too much death: Please, get checked for cancer

Short column. I'm overwhelmed right now. Too much sadness, too much sickness, and now more death.

Got a call from one of my father's side cousins today. Her mother, my father's next-in-line sister, had two more hours to live, she told me the doctor had just told them. My aunt is in inpatient hospice. Nine days ago, she suddenly refused food and water. She's got metastasized breast cancer. My cousin said not to even come down today because they're already covered up with more people than they can handle.

My father died of metastasized prostate cancer last May. His sister, by now, has probably died of mestastasized breast cancer. Please, please, everyone who reads this: get checked. Get treated. Please live.




Copyright 2008-2009 Parin Stormlaughter, Sparkling With Crystals, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. I do not grant reprint permission under any circumstances. Contact me to request permission to link. And remember that if my work gets published anywhere else, I'll pray for you. And perhaps take legal action. Rest assured, prayer is far more effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Publishing decisions are made by the Sparkling With Crystals staff.