Thursday, December 4, 2008

Home-Made Crystal-Charged Ice Packs (directions)

Home-Made Crystal-Charged Ice Packs


for 2 packs you'll need:
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup rubbing alcohol
2 pieces of cloth folded to fit...
2 fresh, intact zipper-type plastic bags

Combine the water and rubbing alcohol, wet the cloth and wring it out nearly all the way. Fold it smoothly and seal it up into the bag. Place in the coldest part of your freezer for at least one hour before use.


Notes: I used solarized smokey quartz water prepared ahead of time for the first two packs I made. Smokey quartz gives me good relief for body aches so I thought I'd see if an ice pack made with smokey quartz water would give enhanced relief. It seems to do a good job but of course, I'm always aware of the power of suggestion. Hey! If it works, it works.

I used two clean, never-put-on-a-baby's-bottom cloth diapers (regular kind not the sponge-in-the-middle sort). Two were perfect for the amount of liquid this makes. They fit into quart zipper bags just right too.

They work very well. They're very soft even frozen as cold as I can make them because the alcohol keeps the liquid from freezing.

I'm especially happy with how well they relieve what ails my neck and upper back. They're not as effective on other places (like my wrists, knees, and ankles). Not sure why. But they really give great relief for my head, neck, and upper back.

Less happy with how quickly they warm up. They're only cold for about 10 to 15 minutes and after that, back to the freezer for them. Too, the alcohol smell is rather apparent--comes right through the bag. Other than that, I'm pleased. They're CHEAP and easy to make, only take an hour to chill up, and are very soft and effective for parts of me.


Copyright 2008-2009 Parin Stormlaughter, Sparkling With Crystals, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. I do not grant reprint permission under any circumstances. Contact me to request permission to link. And remember that if my work gets published anywhere else, I'll pray for you. And perhaps take legal action. Rest assured, prayer is far more powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Publishing decisions are made by the Sparkling With Crystals staff.