Saturday, November 1, 2008

Kreativ Blogger Award

I'm smiling again.

Here I am, dealing with this broken-off bone spur and degenerative disk disease in my neck, aggressive chiropractics and acupuncture to see if they will manage it so I won't have to have surgery, got the normal family dynamics of life after a major death going on, a close aunt who truly relied on my late father her brother after her husband died just had a mastectomy for breast cancer, Aikichik has both mononucleosis and pneumonia, and I'm about at my wits' end, and lo and behold! This blog has been awarded the Kreativ Blogger Award by my bud and migraine blogger compatriot, MaxJerz of rhymeswithmigraine (link also on left).

MaxJerz is a true writer and poet. She won Third Place in the Putting Our Heads Together 2008 Poetry Contest. Her blog is worthy of following, if it's not already on your blog feed.

She'll educate you, make you laugh, and migraine awareness and advocacy are well advanced by her efforts.

I'm humbled and appreciative of the recognition. Thank you, MJ!

Time to ice my neck and back again and close my eyes for a few. Unfortunately, no broad-leafed plantain poultice recipes for you in the near future--the chiropractor has strictly forbidden me to put any heat on my neck and back. Can't even take a hot shower. Ice is all I'm allowed for now. Maybe I'll post instructions for making ice packs from tea towels, water, and rubbing alcohol once I've gotten the system in working order.

I can eat all those marvelous leaves though. Melt a pat of butter in a skillet, toss the leaves around with a bit of salt until they're wilted...oh me, the joys of foraging for supper. :D



Copyright 2008-2009 Parin Stormlaughter, Sparkling With Crystals, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. I do not grant reprint permission under any circumstances. Contact me to request permission to link. And remember that if my work gets published anywhere else, I'll pray for you. And perhaps take legal action. Rest assured, prayer is far more powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Publishing decisions are made by the Sparkling With Crystals staff.