Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ground it out, you energy vacuum! Part I

10/14/10 Edit: gah, mentioned a link then forgot to put it in. It's there now. :P
******************************************************************

Take it or Leave it Category: Take what's useful...you know the tune. :)

One of the things we chronically ill folks will say in a heartbeat is that we will do nearly anything to treat our situations and get well. Of course, a generalization that broad would need clarification and individualization after all (no Santaria or Palo Mayombe, Briyumba or Kimbisa or anything in that category for me, for example). But if we can find something relatively safe with a reasonably good chance of working, we'll take a look at it.

Once I was able to concentrate solely on getting well, I jumped into healing with both feet.  I couldn't work full time at a paying job so I determined that I would work full-time every day at getting well.  I asked every doctor I had for all the recommendations that he or she could think of.  I work closely with all my doctors and wouldn't dream of doing anything that they would disapprove.

I pondered and prayed, and several ideas presented themselves.  I consulted an exquisite crystal healer and it changed the course of my healing.  It became apparent that I had problems with my energy bodies.  While prescription medicines and a couple of supplements did their things, I began work on my energy bodies.

I define my energy body as my internal nerve structures, spine, any and all nervous systems; and my external energy body such as aura, chakra system, and the weird energy fields I have no expectations that I'll ever fully understand in this life.

Donna Eden has developed a system by which people can use their hands to manipulate their own body energies (or the energy fields of others).  I approve of her system.  First, her system gets my thumbs-up because it teaches people to use their own energy and does not utilize the energy of anything or anyone else.  It does not resemble such systems as Reiki which call on "universal energy" which, in fact, does not exist.  But that part is for another column.  Second, her system WORKS.  Third, her system is easy to understand and remember.

So after working with her system and home rock medicine (wouldn't ever consider what I do as real crystal healing), I felt better but not sufficiently better.  I began homebrewing mead and medicinal beers, foraging my semi-wild backyard for healing herbs, and then I fell and broke my neck.

Yep, I broke a bone spur off my C-5 vertebra.  Come to learn that I've got spine problems from my C-1 all the way to my tailbone.  So, I added get spinal work done to my list.

I wasn't getting good results from chiropractics.  Every adjustment seemed to trigger every symptom I had so I gave it up.

Honestly, at that point I was stumped.  I made an appointment with Pam Oslie, a psychic in California.  She had very specific--Edgar Cayce-type specific--recommendations for work on my spine that I needed.  She cautioned me that I might need rods on either side of my spine if I couldn't get the problems fixed (yeah, I've got scoliosis too).  Anybody coming at my back with a knife will get what I'd give anybody attempting to stab me in the back.  So, just don't go there, docs.

Anyway, now I'm getting superb physical therapy treatments on my neck and back according to her recommendations--very good results!!  The treatments have tremendously improved the flow of nerve impulses throughout my entire self.  If the physical therapist I were seeing had less education and experience, I don't believe he would have been able to locate the problems solely by touch.  They don't show up on x-rays or MRI but do show up--ok, get this--Pam Oslie saw them and the PT can feel them.  The doctoral student who conducted the evaluation caught every single nuance in my (lack of) balance and the PT will help with it as well.

One thing that continues to trouble me is utterly perplexing sensitivity.  I'm not sensitive - I am the sensor itself.  I'm not a careful observer - I'm the Princess from The Princess and the Pea.  That was one of my late father's nicknames for me.  He'd say, "All right, Princess and the Pea..."

I can't innumerate everything I've done to combat this, fix it, reduce it, overcome it, bury it, obliterate it, embrace it, integrate it, dilute it, give it away--you cannot imagine what I've done to address this.  I have had absolutely no success at all, none, zero, zilch.  I am becoming more and more sensitive every day.

I've carefully read and learned about my astrological natal chart as part of my healing work - hell, I've about gotten all that's out there of pharmaceuticals and Western medicine so I plunged into complementary and more esoteric, metaphysical work.

In my astrological chart, I found the reflection of my sensitivity which was comforting in a way.  It said to me that for the most part, I had not caused it; however, it is utterly part of who I am and cannot be separated from my self-ness.  According to chart progressions, I can expect it to get worse, or to say it another way, I will become more intuitive, sensitive, aware of energy, psychic, and so on as I finish up the second half of my life.  My energetic vacuum will self-upgrade to industrial strength in about 10 years.  It's bad now.  I cannot picture what it will be like in 10 years.

Before I spoke with Pam Oslie, I had read her book Life Colors: What the Colors in Your Aura Reveal and taken her online "aura color" test.  I had done my little thing and determined that she would be a good fit for what I needed to know.

She told me that, in her system, I was a "life color" that she doesn't see often:  Crystal.  Well, "Crystal" was tied for second place on the online test I took but once she described "Crystals", I was convinced that she was right.

Crystals, one might say, are no one until we're with someone.  We don't have much energetic personality so to speak until we come in contact with another person.  When we do, we suck energy from the other person and fill our aura out with the "color" of the other person.

When I'm with a "yellow", I'm yellow.  When I'm with a "blue", I'm blue.  On page 155 in her book, Pam Oslie says

Crystal is a rare Life Color.  Crystals have clear auras and are known as the "aura chameleons".  Like chameleons, their auras will change colors to match those of the people they are connecting with at the time.  They then take on the characteristics, emotions, and thoughts of that color.  Consequently, in power Crystals can get along quite well with almost anyone.  Yellows, for example, feel they can relate to Crystals who, when they are with them, act and think like Yellow.  Later when the same Crystals spend time with Sensitive Tans, the Tans feel as if they have found kindred spirits.  However, Crystals' inconsistencies can also confuse people.  One minute Crystals think and behave like Greens.  Later they can act like Blue.  The more they bond with others, the more their personalities change.  Because Crystals tend to absorb the colors of other people's auras, people can, at times, feel an energy drain when they are in the presence of Crystals.

Yep, she's got that right.  I'm a pure energy sucker and until I started working on healing my energy body, I wasn't even aware of the extent to which I was vampiring others.  If I get low on energy, I'll start looking for energy wherever I can find it.  Here I discuss the results of a test the chiropractor ran on the energy levels of my two daughters and myself, same day, same technician.  It seems I run half a tank low on a regular basis.

She doesn't have as much about Crystals in her book as she does other Life Colors.  Her best recommendation for my Crystal problems is to immerse myself outside in Nature which, to me, is only the most wonderful thing next to sex... :D

Next, more on my Crystalline self and the various Nature things I'm doing to solve my issues.  I've gotten a piece of more specific, concrete advice to chew on so to speak.

So, I'm consulting psychics and learning to read astrological charts, working with rocks and herbs and foraging wild plants from my backyard along with taking prescription medicine and going through physical therapy.

Still think there's anything I won't do to get well?  Within reason, of course?  :)




Copyright 2008-2010 Parin Stormlaughter, Sparkling With Crystals, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. I do not grant reprint permission. Use the ShareThis link if you want to share this. Nothing in the above article is remunerated content. Remember that if my work gets published anywhere else without proper citation, I'll pray for you. And perhaps take legal action. Rest assured, prayer is far more effective.

2 comments:

Comments are moderated. Publishing decisions are made by the Sparkling With Crystals staff.