Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cure Together - Open Source Health Research wellness site

New chronic illness link at left here at Sparkling With Crystals. I'm making hay while the sun shines (and burns us up--forecast is for 97o today) and before I give out, I want to share this with you.

Cure Together - Open Source Health Research is a ten-plus year old organization. It has a number of offerings for chronic illness folks, participant reported information, and a rather stellar staff.

I'm looking forward to fully exploring the areas I've scanned through. In a Twitter message, @accarmichael of Cure Together explained that information comes from members. That disclaimer is at the bottom of the pages along with the copyright information. Would that everyone would be so upfront about their sources! Big plus for Cure Together, to me.

I value anecdotal information, frankly, provided it's not part of an advertisement for a product or cure. I see good things about the member-provided information at Cure Together. The homepage lists the number of participants at more than 3,000. Seems to be a well to draw from and I'm encouraged.

It has 18 gajillion things for people to track for themselves such as various medications, exercise, weight, caloric intake, and many dozens more categories.

I'll share things from Cure Together as I find them. Check them out when you can in the meantime!



Copyright 2008-2009 Parin Stormlaughter, Sparkling With Crystals, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. I do not grant reprint permission. Use the ShareThis link if you want to share this. And remember that if my work gets published anywhere else without proper citation, I'll pray for you. And perhaps take legal action. Rest assured, prayer is far more effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Publishing decisions are made by the Sparkling With Crystals staff.