Monday, June 15, 2009

"Of which vertu engendred is the flour" or Do You Have What it Takes?

" Healing takes patience, persistence, and perseverance. Do you have what it takes? If you said *no* then you'll stay exactly where you are."
Sue Ingebretson, from Twitter


True words. I needed encouragement this morning. Just one of those down, crap-happens days but ta-da! Pleasant, positive phrase popped precipitously preaching patience, persistence, plus perseverance! Aha! Accept, all alliterative ants! XD

I'm in the midst of a combination Meniere's/Migraine attack. Any minute now, gray matter will explode from the sides of my head through my ears, I just know it. The Chinese gongs are sounding nearly continuously and the tinnitus is absolutely screaming. Hearing is going up and down, up and down. The nerves in my head have become sore to the touch now and even smiling hurts.

BUT I'm really getting pumped about the possibility of someday going back to school. My dream was to be a university English teacher. I had been admitted to grad school, had my course of study all planned out--my emphasis was going to be Chaucer with a sub-specialty in linguistics. But, see, I got this job in New Orleans and ....well...didn't go to grad school.

My full-time job now is getting well. Both of my disabling conditions are "triggered" conditions which mean they're rather unpredictable. And I have very little other than patience, persistence, and perseverance--but I do have them.

Heck, maybe a pilgrimage would help--enlist the aid of a "blisful martir" for to "holpen" this pilgrim. I've followed another genealogist's work back a few centuries and if his work is accurate, then Chaucer's wife Philipa de Roet's sister Kathryn Swynford (who was John of Gaunt's third wife) is a direct ancestor on my mother's side, through John and Kathryn's daughter Joan de Beaufort, through the Nevilles down to George Stanley who married Joan, 9th Baroness LeStrange (in her own right). Their daughter Mary Stanley married John Hardy about whom I'm writing a novel of historical fiction .

Anyhow, I need a nice Saint as patron for my wellness efforts. Job's open--accepting suggestions now. :D


Here bygynneth the Book of the tales of Caunterbury
"...Of engelond to caunterbury they wende,
The hooly blisful martir for to seke,
That hem hath holpen whan that they were seeke..."
Geoffrey Chaucer



Copyright 2008-2009 Parin Stormlaughter, Sparkling With Crystals, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. I do not grant reprint permission. Use the ShareThis link if you want to share this. And remember that if my work gets published anywhere else without proper citation, I'll pray for you. And perhaps take legal action. Rest assured, prayer is far more effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Publishing decisions are made by the Sparkling With Crystals staff.