Saturday, October 11, 2008

Marvelous, but take care: St. John's Wort

'St John's Wort plant as effective as Prozac for treating depression', say scientists

This is UK reporting on a press release, but it has very good advice for anyone using or considering St. John's Wort as an herbal supplement for any reason. I took St. John's Wort off and on before I needed Effexor.

If there is even the slightest chance that you might be tempted to pick up a bottle next time you're out, please first call any medical personnel who have prescribed medicine that you take. Even if you already know that St. John's Wort doesn't react negatively with meds you take, your medical personnel need to know that you plan to take it.

The Mother Hen in me loves you all and wants you all to do the right thing, as she knows you will. :)


Copyright 2008-2009 Parin Stormlaughter, Sparkling With Crystals, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. I do not grant reprint permission under any circumstances. Contact me to request permission to link. And remember that if my work gets published anywhere else, I'll pray for you. And perhaps take legal action. Rest assured, prayer is far more powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Publishing decisions are made by the Sparkling With Crystals staff.