Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mummy Food - with Cream of Wheat or Cream of Rice, good potassium/sodium ratio

Mummy Food - with Cream of Wheat or Cream of Rice

3 fresh or frozen figs
1/4 cup dried sugared dates
1 cup boiling water
1 pkg instant Cream of Wheat or 1/4 cup Cream of Rice
1 tbs butter

Plump and defrost fruits in boiling water for 10 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Reheat if desired. Makes 1 serving


Nutritional Notes (you could save 102 Calories, 81.8 mgs sodium, nearly all the fat and all the cholesterol by omitting the butter):

Calories made with Cream of Wheat - 422
Calories made with Cream of Rice - 492
Total fat, either cereal - 11.3 g
Sat. fat, either cereal - 7.3 g
Cholesterol, either cereal - 30.5 g
Carbs made with Cream of Wheat - 74.1 g
Carbs made with Cream of Rice - 91.1
Protein, either cereal - 5
Potassium made with Cream of Wheat - 613.9 mg
Potassium made with Cream of Rice - 637.3 mg
Sodium made with Cream of Wheat - 243 mg
Sodium made with Cream of Rice - 83 mg

General Notes: I know, I know, a whole tablespoon of butter is a lot. Adjust as desired or omit the butter entirely if you like. If you could find unsugared dates you could save some Calories and carbs both. I used the figs I have which are my mother's whole frozen figs from her farm. I didn't include the sodium in the Celtic sea salt that I use when I make this because I imagine most people would shudder at the thought of dried fruit and salt.


Copyright 2008-2009 Parin Stormlaughter, Sparkling With Crystals, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. I do not grant reprint permission under any circumstances. Contact me to request permission to link. And remember that if my work gets published anywhere else, I'll pray for you. And perhaps take legal action. Rest assured, prayer is far more powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Publishing decisions are made by the Sparkling With Crystals staff.