Saturday, April 18, 2009

Velvet Compassion and the Fortunate itzmeDebs

"When tears are in your eyes,
I will dry them all.
I'm on your side..."
Bridge Over Troubled Waters, written by Paul Simon


Short note before the storms get here and zap this self-contained human weather station...I'm going to indulge myself and I must get all my spoons used (.pdf) for indulgence and not stress and problem-solving and counseling and such. If you haven't yet explored But You Don't Look Sick, you must (link left too). Even if you're not chronically ill, you may know someone who is. At least read The Spoon Theory. We chronically ill folks mock the insensitive ones behind their backs if they should know better. If they merely don't understand, we point them to The Spoon Theory by Christine Miserandino who runs But You Don't Look Sick. They usually get it then.

We meet people along this road through life. If you're of the Christian belief system, you're already familiar with the straight and narrow road and the wide and easy way. We must all chose how we will deal with the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune that Shakespeare spoke of. Be under no illusion that all Christians chose the straight and narrow at all times. We all find ourselves off track. Life's a bitch, and then you die, right?

In fact there are people out in the world who already understand and "get it". Some people are caring and compassionate by nature, and I'm thinking of people who may be chronically ill themselves and people who may not be.

A soft thank you to two people (who know who they are) who have sweetly added their brushstrokes to the canvas of my little kindergarten art life. They didn't know at the time how important their help has been, but their brushstrokes were wide, sweeping, and flawlessly placed.

Never, and I mean never underestimate the effect you'll have on the people you meet on the road of life. Maybe they'll recognize and thank you. Maybe not, but that's ok too.

Two asterated rose quartzes transiting into my stellar sphere. How fortunate for me! :D






On Twitter--Parin Stormlaughter

Copyright 2008-2009 Parin Stormlaughter, Sparkling With Crystals, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. I do not grant reprint permission. Contact me to request permission to link. And remember that if my work gets published anywhere else, I'll pray for you. And perhaps take legal action. Rest assured, prayer is far more effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Publishing decisions are made by the Sparkling With Crystals staff.